Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 3-suburb of Peking Chicken, Martina and Rose needlecase

I will start with my new recipe I call Suburb of Peking Chicken. I call it this as it started out as Peking Chicken but was changed I think for the better-thus moving it to the suburbs.
2 green onions thinly sliced
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp crushed pepper
1 tsp sugar or sugar substitute
1 tsp white pepper
1 1/2 obs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch chunks
2 tbsp canola oil

In a medium bowl, combine onion,soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger,pepper, sugar and pepper, stir until smooth. Add the chicken chunks and toss to completely cover. Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours if possible.
In a large skillet add the oil and heat over medium heat, remove the chicken from bowl , cook in the skillet, each piece app 10 minutes, until no pink remains.
I serve this with Basmati rice mixed with asparagus.
I came up with this as my husband is a type 2 diabetic with stage 3 renal disease so I absolutely have to watch what he is eating and we both love Chinese food.
Next is my beautiful Martina.  She was a gift from my daughter Cassie this past summer, I believe she was born in the Spring of 2011. She is a pygmy goat and loves to play. She leaps all over the back yard and her favorite food is roses. Don't know what her favorite color is probably red as in roses (just joking). Our neighbor loves to watch her as she puts on quite the leaping and jumping show. She will head butt the chihuahuas or chickens if the bother her.
This is the needlecase project I'm working on for my mother's birthday. All the stitching is done I just need to make it into the case. I never have made a needle case before. This is called Heraldic Rose from Textile Heritage, I bought the kit on ebay along with the bookmark,card and cushion kit I plan on doing each for her as gifts this year. I need to finish the kit this week as her birthday is Feb. 1 and I need to get it in the mail.

1 comment:

  1. the chicken thighs should read lbs. not obs, and I even ran spell check and it didn't catch that.

    ReplyDelete